Thursday, September 12, 2013

Three Prints that I Would Love to See

This week's Lolita Blog Carnival topic is "3 Prints I'd Love to See"! While I'm not officially a member yet, I'd like to follow along for a few weeks to get me back into the habit of posting regularly. The prompts that they give tend to be really excellent, and I like the challenge of making a good reply. :)

Onward!

Print 1: Toile/China Hedgehogs
Yes, crazy person that I am, I want hedgehogs. I think hedgehogs are just the cutest little things, and I think that a print along the lines of Innocent World's Delft Lotta would be the perfect way to make prickly hedgies a little more Lolita. I really like the way that IW does animal illustrations, so I'd want it to be more in their general illustration style. I think a border print featuring a twee little hedgehog with a ribbon around its neck sitting on a patch of grass with little flowers and a pastoral scene in the background would be super cute. Some days I really wish my illustration skills were more up to par just so that I could make it come to life!

Print 2: Bread
I'm not the Bread-chan Anon from BTB, but I would like to see a good bread print out there. Juliette et Justine's most recent attempt at a bread print is not to my liking, especially because well, I find it a little disturbing to have the image of a small boy with the words "yeast foam" right over my crotch. ;) In my version of a bread print, we have a border with a lovely wicker basket filled with baguettes, and croissants and rolls on the ground around it. The rest of the fabric would be striped, and I really like a cream x chocolate color scheme for this.

Print 3: All-over Raspberry Print
What, you really expected me not to post a berry print idea? :P I honestly think that raspberries and blackberries are under-used in Lolita fashion. There are very few prints out there featuring raspberries or blackberries, and most of them are by indie brands. It would really tickle my fancy for a major brand like BABY or Innocent World to release a pretty print with raspberries, vines, flowers, and bows. BABY released the Strawberry and Cherry Print (at right) in 2010, and I'd really like to see raspberries treated in a similar fashion. I know that raspberries aren't as iconic or welcoming as cherries and strawberries, but they are still visually very interesting , and I think that they are deserving of a lot more use than they currently get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments civil and work-safe! Thanks :D